GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an annually conducting entrance examinations organized by IISc, Bangalore and IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee).GATE is organized basically on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE 2021 will be organized by IIT Bombay. It can be considered a gateway examination through which students get admission to Master of Engineering, Master in Technology and also assess to direct PhD admissions to IIT, NIT and IITs. GATE also helps the students to avail MoE and other such Government aspiring scholarships according to the institutions criteria.
Students’ GATE score is very useful and the score can be used for recruiting under Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and some other institutions of India as well as abroad. But the score will be valid only for 3 years for the students for utilization. The official website is gate.iitb.ac.in. IIT Bombay will be running the graduate entrance exam on February 2021. Candidates need to complete the registration procedure in an online manner. The last so far to fulfill the GATE 2021 Software Form with regular prices was extended until 7th October 2020.
GATE 2021 – Important Information:
Registration Starting Date
|11th September, 2020|
|Last Date of Registration
(Without Late Fee)
7th October, 2020
Last Date of Registration
(With Late fee)
|12th October, 2020|
|Mode of GATE Registration||
(Gate Online Processing System- GOAPS)
2nd Week of October, 2020
5th-14th February, 2021
|Objective (Computer Based)|
Revised (Due to Covid Pandemic)
- Two new subjects are introduced this year to expand the reach of GATE. Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Sciences (XH) , summing up with 27 as the absolute number of topics offered for examination.
- Candidates looking in their qualifying exam (final year) annually 2021 will be eligible to apply for GATE 2021.
- Age limit: There will be no age limit to use for GATE 2021
What Documents are Required For GATE ?
- Category Certificate (Scanned Copy)
- Dyslexic Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (pdf format)
- Photograph & Signature (Scanned copy)
- ID Proof (ADHAAR Card/ Driving Licensee etc)
- Students can submit fees through online mode.
- Students can opt for the use of credit cards, debit cards, or net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances
|Female/ ST/SC/PwD||INR 750/-||INR 1250/-|
|UR & others||INR 1500/-||INR 2000/-|
|Singapore & Dubai||US $ 100||US $120|
|Other Foreign Countries||US $50||US $70|
Steps to Apply For GATE 2021:
- Visit official website
- Enter your name, parent’s name, mail Id, phone number, etc.
- Now you will receive an enrollment ID in your registered mail ID.
- After that, go to the ‘Declaration’ then to ‘GATE 2021 Application Form’.
- Fill and submit all the required documents in the proper position.
- verify the Registration and proceed with “submit.”
- A confirmation page will appear now appear and take a print of it for future use.
GATE Application Correction:
It’ll get started via online mode from 2nd week of October 2020. Candidates might need to use their login credentials to personalize their errors from the application form. No modifications will be permitted when the correction procedure is finished. GATE will confirm the correction of the application through the registered SMS & email ID of the candidate.
For further details and to fill the online application please visit the following link: